Thursday, January 15, 2009

Immediate Proof Positive

I just had to post one more comment. Immediately after my last post, I checked my email and there is another notice of the news that Obama has chosen the openly gay bishop, Gene Robinson, to deliver the invocation at a pre-inaugural event on Sunday on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. In Gene Robinson's own words, he proved everything I said in the previous post. He said he had been reading inaugural prayers through history and was "horrified" at how "specifically and aggressively Christian they were." He states, "I am very clear that this will not be a Christian prayer, and I won't be quoting Scripture. The texts I hold as sacred are not sacred texts for all Americans, and I want all people to feel that this is their prayer." Robinson said he might address the prayer to "the god of our many understandings".

Well, he obviously won't be praying to the one and only true God of the universe! He has invented a god to hide behind so that he does not have to feel shameful about his sin. His god says he won't die in his sin; why, I'm sure he even feels elevated to a status of gods with his enlightened thinking! And after all, it's for those "other Americans" whom he wants to feel comfortable.

This is really very sad! Poor Gene Robinson! He doesn't have to feel shame. He can bring his sin to Jesus Christ, repent of it, have it covered by the blood of Christ, and he can become a new man and the Holy Spirit will give him truth and strength to resist his sin. But he chose to stay in it. He chose Satan. And his misery wants company. He must preach to the world that he is okay and he wants to take others with him. But we must guard our hearts against this deception. Let us pray for Gene Robinson and all the others who know not what they do because they are following that serpent of old.

No comments: