Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thank God That Jesus is Lord and Obama is Not!

I have had so little time to reflect on the political goings-on lately because I have had my hands full with a more local, close-to-home, ministry of sorts, and that is homeschooling my nephews! It began as something I was doing to help out, in the interim, while their mother was recovering from surgery and the birth of her sixth child. It has become practically a full-time job as I discovered that one of them has dyslexia, or perhaps even another learning disability, and I have poured most of my efforts lately into helping him to overcome any learning obstacles.

While I am ecstatic that the Republicans made so many gains in the past election, I am in no way fooled into thinking all will be well now. It's funny how much more I have become a "party person" lately. In the past, party affiliation never seemed that important. It was the person's character and record that mattered. But the Democrat Party's platform has become so ungodly and wicked, that there is no way I could ever vote for a Democrat again! While I know that all Republicans are certainly not Christians, I also know that no Christian could be a Democrat! No true Jesus-As-Lord Christian would ever be fooled into thinking that taking the lives of the most innocent for the convenience of their mothers, was a good and moral thing. They would never be deceived by the lie that homosexuality was anything other than a deliberate abominable sin choice. I've seen many Christian politicians I have known switch their party affiliation from Democrat to Republican because they can no longer stomach the Democrat Party platform, and that is how it should be. Therefore, if a person chooses the Democrat platform, I can never choose him (or her) for office.

Surely with a more Republican House of Representatives, we won't be passing such huge extreme liberal laws, but without the Senate and the executive branch, we can't actually reverse any damage that has been done by the worst president in American history. This prez stays very busy under the radar putting things into place with executive orders and through administrative posts he personally selected, so I don't have enormous faith that we can stop him yet. But it's a start!

I recently heard a very common-sensical interview with Donald Trump about things that should be done to help the economy and create jobs. The majority of our jobs have gone overseas, so if we had a huge surtax on items imported from China, or wherever, it would allow American companies to compete on a more level playing field with cheap Chinese prison labor. That sounds great, but I have a feeling our hands are tied; we've dug ourselves, as a country, into a hole too deep to climb out. With the debt we owe to China and with the control and ownership of Saudi princes and the like, we are not able to make the necessary changes to really help this country financially. We should never be looking to government for our needs, anyway. I never vote for a candidate based on what I think I can get from his being elected. It's true, I hate the huge government overreach by Obama, but it's not as much about the high taxes, as it is about the government control over my family and values. It's about our country having Godly leadership, as that is the only way we will ever have God's blessing on this country again! I can't bear the thought of us actually shrugging off God's Word to elect wicked rulers who do evil in His sight! Time and time again, the Bible speaks of kings who did evil in the sight of the Lord and caused the people to sin:

And he (Nadab) did evil in the sight of the LORD, and walked in the way of his father, and in his sin wherewith he made Israel to sin. - 1 Kings 15:26

And he (Baasha) did evil in the sight of the LORD, and walked in the way of Jeroboam, and in his sin wherewith he made Israel to sin. - 1 Kings 15:34

For his sins which he sinned in doing evil in the sight of the LORD, in walking in the way of Jeroboam, and in his sin which he did, to make Israel to sin. - 1 Kings 16:19

With wicked laws, and with the people's turning a deaf ear to God, a nation is made to sin. And what always happened to nations that did evil in the sight of the Lord?

And the children of Israel did evil again in the sight of the LORD: and the LORD strengthened Eglon the king of Moab against Israel, because they had done evil in the sight of the LORD. - Judges 3:12

And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD: and the LORD delivered them into the hand of Midian seven years. - Judges 6:1

And the children of Israel did evil again in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD delivered them into the hand of the Philistines forty years. - Judges 13:1

It's amazing to me that people really think they can disregard the Word of God and expect any different result than in Biblical times!

The ONLY way this country will ever be healed is if we truly return to God on our knees and truly repentant:

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14

Even if this country cannot be healed because a majority of the people refuse to turn back to God, we Christians know that Jesus is still Lord, God is still on the throne, and regardless of what a wicked government may do, we are eternally blessed because of the Lord Jesus Christ! For that, we are eternally grateful!

In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me. - Psalm 56:11

The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? - Psalm 118:6

So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" - Hebrews 13:6

Nothing can hinder the Lord from saving, whether by many or by few. - 1 Samuel 14:6b

Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble. - Psalm 119:165

And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. - John 10:28-29

THANK YOU, LORD!

AMEN!

No comments: