Monday, November 3, 2008

On Election Day Nov. 4, Choose This Day Whom You Will Serve

It's Election Day and I pray that people will see this day for what it is, a day to choose whom they will serve - the Lord God or their pocketbooks. "God or mammon" the Bible calls it, and it says that you cannot serve both. You will love one and hate the other, but you will not and cannot serve both. I think it's odd that anyone would perceive Obama's policies as good for his pocketbook, but that is really beside the point. If you can turn a blind eye to the ungodly policies of Obama such as abortion including partial-birth abortion and the denying of care to a baby born alive after a botched abortion, or to the abolishment of all state DOMA's thus paving the way to homosexual marriage being the law of the law. God repeatedly spoke of how He hated the killing of innocent life and child sacrifice. He called homosexuality an abomination and destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of it, and even warned nations in the future to use Sodom and Gomorrah as an example. If you can read the Lord's words and dismiss them for personal gain, then you have chosen mammon, and you do not serve the Lord no matter what loftier reason you try to give. I don't think you'll find any loftier reasons, not if you care about what God cares about. He told us to look to Him for our needs, but we have pushed Him out and looked to the government to supply our needs. He didn't speak too favorably about those who would worship the created more than the Creator, which is what we do when we seek to save the trees, turning a blind eye to killing the children. Perhaps you care about the poor, not for yourself! Jesus said you'll always have the poor, not always Him. And there will come a time when you can no longer come to Him because it will be too late. Perhaps it's the war and our young men dying. That may be a true heartfelt emotion but how do you compare adults who choose to enlist and fight for their country to innocent lives who never get a choice, and there are as many of those in a day as have been killed in all of the Iraq war! No way you slice it can you come up with godly reasons to support Obama, so if you do, you have made a choice, but it is not God you are serving.

Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, that you and your descendants might live! -Deuteronomy 30:19

No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon. -Matthew 6:24

And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. -Joshua 24:15

Moreover you shall select from all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them to be rulers of thousands, rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens. -Exodus 18:21

2 comments:

Wordy said...

I believe you have been as mislead by the Republican media as you feel the public media has mislead the nation.

I wonder if you will be an "I told you so!" or an "I am sorry, I was wrong."?

seekyetruth said...

I don't need the Republican media to tell me anything. I read and listen to Obama's own words. That is what is so fascinating about this process. If people weren't blinded and the liberal media hiding the news about him, Obama's own words would hang him!

If you read one of my earlier posts, you would know that I have not made a mistake no matter what happens, because I vote with God's principles, and those are never wrong!! No matter what His will is, I know what He expects of me, regardless.