Monday, October 20, 2008

A Canadian's Observation of Our Politics

I heard some remarkable comments by a guest on the Huckabee show on FOX on Sunday night. Her opinion wasn't so remarkable really to me, but remarkably interesting to hear someone from the outside looking in. Her name was Lynn and she was in the studio audience on Huckabee and had a question for Mike Huckabee and Joe the Plumber, who was a guest on the show. I found the video on the Huckabee site and have transcribed it myself, because I couldn't find a transcription anywhere else and I think it needs to be read by all Americans!

"Thank you, Mike. My question is for you and Joe, and I wanted to know...I'm visiting from Canada. I'm proud to live next to what I believe is the greatest nation in the world for doing good for others in your history. I understand the anger in the economy, but I don't understand its direction. George Bush has been a great president; he's kept you safe. For 7 of his 8 years, the economy was booming. Since the Democrats took Congress, looking from outside, I've seen huge increases in spending. Um, Mr. Bush has kept you safe. He's brought the war off your shore over to Iraq. Now he's bringing it home in victory. And again, you're such a great nation. You've freed a country over there. You've given the people hospitals and schools. Why are people angry at George Bush and the Republicans? And not Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, ACORN, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac?" The applause cut her off.

Amazing how this Canadian lady can see the truth and our country seems to be so blinded by hatred. The biased media that is no longer a real news source, but only an editorial, the liberal left media that hates Bush and wants a Democrat in office at whatever costs, no matter his corrupt past, no matter what, has fueled the hatred and blinded the people who will not look below the surface for the truth. I hope reading the words of someone from the outside looking in causes some pause for thought.

The video of Lynn's question can be seen on www.mikehuckabee.com on the Videos page: Oct. 18 - Joe the Plumber Interviewed On "Huckabee" Part II.

No comments: